Wednesday, February 15, 2012

TODAY!

Today... Oh today, you were a good day besides the stinky CDN I had to do. I have an evaluation, and it is due tonight by midnight... well lets just say there is only 3 clusters submitted! UGH! I do not like it at all. For all of you who do not know what CDN is, it is pretty much EVIL. It is an on-line portfolio that requires certain assignments to be uploaded and then reflected on (more than that) in HARD, HARD annotations which then get graded. They go through a process... preliminary, emergent, bridging, and then FULFILLED! I want FULFILLED! I only need 5 more! But the scary thing is that you have to have them all FULFILLED so you can graduate! But I got this I know I do!
Here is an example:

This is the process it goes through below:


But anyways enough about CDN and yucky college things lets get to my cute 4th graders...

Today my lovely students had me already exhausted by 10:30.. :) Well really its my fault because I worked until 1:00 am that morning blah! 
I taught writing, we were learning about verb and pronoun agreement... LOVE IT! It was fun! I got to teach it with a rap, and all of the students were bobbing their heads! Then I brought them to specials... but what made me CRAZZY is the fact that they did not just walk to specials (which was art) they RAN! I could of.... needless to say I was beyond frustrated and I said "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" like 100 times before they stopped and then when they stopped I said it again, so I think they got the point that that I was frustrated. I think I added "ARE YOU SERIOUS?" in there a couple of times to. So the line leader lost his privilege of being the "line leader" and became a student in the middle of the line (because who knew in 4th grade they love being the caboose too?!) So after I lectured them, I told them they will now be picked up at lunch(no recess) and we will practice walking in a straight and quiet line for the 10 min. they are outside.

Then came planning, and I worked on CDN...
Then came lunch and I ate my sandwich which was DELICIOUS! and my yummy heart shaped cookies...
THEN CAME THE TIME TO GO GET MY BEAUTIFUL STUDENTS SO THEY COULD FACE THEIR CONSEQUENCE..... DUM DUM DUM!
They were mad and quiet the entire time... I kind of felt bad but I did not let them know that, but instead of being quiet I had them count by 2's, 3's, 4's... all the way to 12's because they are not good at their multiplication facts STILL!

then came Science and I taught the students about motion... so being the COOL teacher I am we built ROLLER COASTERS!!! YIPPE! Pictures to come soon!
They had so much fun and their rationales of why things worked and did not work were amazing! 
The only problem that I encountered during this activity was, I had to tape myself teaching... and WHO LIKES THAT? YEA NOT ME! but I got a good review by my teacher.....
Then came reading and we learned about Author's purpose... PIE :) (persuade, inform, and entertain) 

They love it! I think I am going to bring in PIE sometime soon! I think that would be FUN!

Then came centers and they were crazy like always... well not really crazy just crazy :)
Then came Math and I worked on my resume with my other teacher I am working with....

PHEW are you exhausted? I am because after school I went to church and taught 12 more perfect children about God's love, but seriously what is better?

I would not trade any of this for the world!
Well its 10:45 PM and I can't do much more damage on CDN for the night so I am outta here!
NIGHT!

P.S.- Oh I forgot to mention the 2 behavior issues we had today as well... but hey! All in a days work! 

LOVE IT!!!!
Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment